Sunday, February 10, 2013

Introduction

This is a blog specifically for communication during the Sociology Group Term Project. Please feel free to post links, ideas, pictures, and quotations that you feel are relevant. The email to post to this blog is lizardbreath.sociology@blogspot.com. Post responsibly.

23 comments:

  1. This is Elizabeth here. Anyone got any ideas as far as how to divide up the work for the project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way I can think of is maybe to have each person do a page or so, and I'll try and integrate it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can try. I just think it may be hard since we may all have different writing styles. But, I don't really have any ideas of what could work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking right now with part 1, just to get started on research.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lets start by just this week trying to get some ideas going. Feel free to post any rough drafts or concepts or links, and then we'll see about collaborating further. Personally, I've never done a project like this before, so the whole group research paper is a new experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth, I am in the same boat as you, so I am struggling a little with this also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know if we each have to submit the paper or one person with all our names on it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure Theresa, I'll see about emailing the professor to see about that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, that sounds good, I was thinking of asking him, but wanted to check to see if you or anyone else knew.

    Here is a link I think C. Wright Mills may help us.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Wright_Mills

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lets title the posts with the name of the section of the paper that they go with, along with their subject. Can everyone go try and post an actual post (not just a comment) to make sure that they know how to?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I copied the link you posted in the introduction and sent something to it. I am not sure if it worked, since I do not see anything popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I have finally got logged in. I think it would just be best to assign a differnt part to each person like you said Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, try to go look in the top right of the page. There should be a link that says "new post" or something like that. Click that and see if it allows you to post.

    Also, I found this interesting article that tells what inequality does to a nation:

    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/inequality-is-holding-back-the-recovery/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I figured it out. You can add threads from the link on the top of this page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Theresa figured it out! Anybody else got it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth that is a good article.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have made an official post for week one. Leave your research there until next week. I have some homework that I have to get started on now, so I'll see all of you later.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you guys i think we are going to make a great project, after wed i will focus on all my research becuase im taking the hesi that day and i need to be 100% on that. it was nice blogging with you guys

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete